Another steam summer sale is in the books and more games have been added to my library. I did what I did last year and put everything I wanted from my wishlist into my cart right when the sale started. Over the next few days I got rid of stuff I didn’t want right now, knew I wouldn’t play, or just didn’t feel like playing when the time came to check out.
The Final Cut
- Elite Dangerous: I’ve wanted to play Elite since it was released and it took it’s sweet time coming to the PS4. Of course it would be out on the PS4 the year I can play it on PC…
- Grim Dawn: I loved Titan Quest and have been looking forward to playing it’s spiritual successor since it was released. I love the setting and the dual class combinations. Plus I needed a new ARPG for PC.
- SOMA: I have had this game recomended to me so many times. The price was right this year and I scooped it up. It’ll be my first horror game I’ve ever played. Not sure how I went this long without experiencing one.
- The Longest Journey/Dreamfall The Longest Journey: I’ve heard such great things about these games. I’m not sure what to expect other than I’ve heard they have excellent stories and casts of characters
- Killing Floor 2: Theres one guy in my gaming group who loved the first one and played it a ton. He convinced the rest of us to pick up a copy and it’s been one of the best multiplayer experiences I’ve had in a while.
- Warhammer: End Times- Vermintide: Say that ten times fast! Another co-op game that three of us got. It’s like Left 4 Dead except with killer rats and swords. Oh and loot, can’t forget about the loot. I can’t decide which one I like more this game or Killing Floor 2.
- The Uncertain: Episode 1- The Last Quiet Day: This was my impulse buy this year. Jay and I stumbled across it late one night while we were looking for games to add to our wishlists like a day before the sale. It’s suppose to be a 3 chapter eposodic game with an interesting setting where humans have gone extinct and only robots remain on earth. It was $3 so I grabbed it. The next episode is due out some time at the end of this year.
There are a few things to note about this year versus last year.
No 2D Games 2017
I have nothing against 2D indie games. I enjoy my sidescrolling, platforming, metrovania games all dressed up in sprite artwork as much as I ever have but nothing stood out to me this year.
Still No Rougelikes or Early Access
Last year I didn’t even look at anything with an Early Access tag and it was no different this year. I also didn’t find any rougelikes this year that I wanted. I still enjoy the genre and fire up Tales of Maj’Eyal every once in a while but the novelty has worn off on me.
Two Whole Co-Op Games
Last year me and Jay decided we had too many co op games to still play through from the previous years sale. This year we ended up getting 2 to play with our larger group of friends. I haven’t been disapointed with either Vermintide or Killing Floor 2. Though some of the bugs in Vermintide kinda weird me out…