It’s the beginning of September which means a few things.
- The weather will start to get cooler. As much as I love summer, autumn is my absolute favorite time of the year.
- Halloween decorations will be going up in stores and in my apartment.
- Pumpkin Spice will make its way into every imaginable food and beverage. I know I’m excited.
It also means I’m going to review my goals from last month and set some new ones for this month. So let’s talk about August. I had very few goals for August and only managed to complete one of them.
- Post every day for the month of August. This didn’t happen but I did manage to get 16 posts out which doubled my post count for the year and pushed me above 100 total posts. It also rekindled my love of writing and blogging, so I’m counting that as a win.
- Finally, beat Guild Wars 2 personal story. I totally did that, it took all month but I completed it and it was pretty meh. But I’m glad I went through it and can finally start moving on to the rest of the game. In fact, Guild Wars 2 was my most played game in August.
- Beat a game from my backlog. Nope didn’t happen I was too caught up in Guild Wars 2.
- Complete Guild Wars 2 Living World Season 2 and start Heart of Thorns. I’m not sure how long it will take to get through Season 2 but I’m already progressing at a steady clip so I’m thinking a month is plenty of time.
- Beat at least one game from my backlog. I have them all sorted by time to beat and I’m still in the 1-3 hour playtime range so I should be able to get through one of them.
- Figure out a writing schedule. This one is a little more ambiguous. Trying to post everyday last month was fun but I couldn’t do it consistently. I want to figure out a good time to write and a posting schedule that I can keep fairly consistent.
- Finish a book. Not gaming related but I always participate in the yearly reading challenge through Goodreads and I always start strong and find myself scrambling at the end of the year to catch up. I actually need to read 2 books a month to complete my goal of 24 books this year but I’ve been slacking lately.