It’s October! Haloween, horror movies, haunted houses, pumpkin patches, and hayrides. I love this time of year it’s the beginning of the months of holidays and fair weather before it’s cold and miserable. Especially in Ohio where we won’t see warm weather and clear roads until May.
So let’s take a look back at September’s goals. I know I probably sound like a broken record but I haven’t had that much time for gaming lately. I lost interest in gaming for a couple weeks in September and ended up reading a fair bit more than I have been. It was a welcome change. October will likely be the same so I’m keeping my goals short this month.
- Complete Guild Wars 2 Living Story Season 2 and start Heart of Thornes. I wasn’t expecting the Living World to have so much content. I’m still making my way through it and I’m a little over halfway through I’m starting to feel like Guild Wars 2 is a great game to drop in and out of every once and a while when the mood strikes but I think I’ve had my fill for the time being.
- Beat at least one game from my backlog. I beat Hiveswap Act 1 and really enjoyed it. I’ll keep an eye out for Act 2 but I don’t expect it anytime soon.
- FIgure out a writing schedule. Still a work in progress.
- Finish a book. I actually finished 2 this month. The first one was The Regulators by Richard Bachman (Stephen King) and the second was Altered Carbon by Richard K. Morgan. Maybe one of these days I’ll write some book reviews.
- Finish another game from my backlog. Sure one game a month doesn’t do much for chipping things away at things but it gets me in the mindset to play a single player game once in a while.
- FInish another book. I get these intense bouts of wanting to read and lately, I’ve been wanting to read some fantasy, a genre I haven’t read in at least a year.